Through its membership, Fair Share builds local and state campaigns to win concrete improvements and greater influence online pharmacy.
North Carolina Fair Share celebrates twenty years of work generic cialis!
Over the past twenty years, (NCFS) has successfully focused on issue campaigns that have won new state polices that make concrete changes for large populations of low income North Carolinians including:
- Medicaid expansions
- children health insurance
- moratorium on expansion of rural counties hog farms
- moratorium on new landfills for one year (won 2006)
- increase of state minimum wage to $6.15 (won 2006)
- insurance reforms for Breast Cancer Screening that effect working women and women on Medicaid
- stop of privatization of four public hospitals
- leadership development of low income people on non-profit boards and
commissions that make decisions for their communities
- voter registration and education along with community organizing in local Chapters
- won new $3.2 water & sewer project
- new rural roads in communities
- rural county clean well water investigations
- addressing stop of expansion of nuclear reactors in low income communities of color
- fighting for rehabilitation of substandard environmentally unsafe homes of Hurricane Floyd survivors for the pass seven years (won $800,000 for repairs (2004/05)
- after four years of advocacy, community organizing, legislative advocacy and coalition building NC Fair Share won Same Day Registration at Early Voting Sites (the first kind of this new voting rights for the south) expanding voting rights for all North Carolinians
NC Fair Share was one of the founders of several organizations including; Democracy South, NC Hunger Network, NC Health Care Campaign (now called NC Health Access Coalition), NC Alliance for Economic Justice and NC Environmental Justice Network viagra.